Dark Future of thousand of Indian students studying Medicine in USA, Germany, Carribean, Philippines Health Ministry making NEET exam mandatory even for old students studying Medical in Selective International Universities
Dr. Tushar Vinod Deoras, International Career Counsellor and Chairman of Astute Career Counselling Academy values the quality education. He was Scientist at Bhabha Atomic Research Center and is working for Educational reforms for last 25 years.
Dr. Tushar Vinod Deoras always believe “Quality Education is Fundamental Right of Every student” thereby counsel students for quality education in India and internationally. For International Medical education, he suggests USA, Germany as top destination followed by some English speaking countries like Philippines, Barbados, Belize etc for International Medical education which are based on USA curriculum.
Dr. Tushar Vinod Deoras, Chairman & Managing Director has now planned Nation-wide agitation against arbitrary order from Health Ministry depriving thousands of students studying Medical in International universities - Serious Questions being raised by Dr. Tushar Vinod Deoras:
- How can NEET be made compulsory for students who are taking Medical education for last 1-3 years in USA, Germany, Philippines, Caribbean Islands etc.
- Why Medical Council of India differentiating between USA, German based education with China/Russia? Why Favour is given to China/Russia against USA, Germany? Why not all countries equal?
- Why Medical Council of India not issuing “Eligibility Certificate” to USA, Germany, Philippines students but issuing for China/Russia while flying out of India?
- Why Ministry of Health issues Public Notice on 22nd February 2018 states that those having Eligibility Certificate are exempted for taking NEET but disallows USA, Germany, Philippines education which is far better?
- How can government play with future of thousands of innocent students who have spent huge money and time studying in Prestigious USA, Germany, Philippines universities for 1-3 years?
- Why Government does not want to make NEET exam mandatory ONLY for future students? Why back-dated implementation for students gone in previous years?
It is set precedence that Government cannot issue back-dated order and implementation must be for future students.
Dr. Tushar Vinod Deoras has already written letters to Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modiji, Hon’ble Health Minister J.P. Nadda, President, Medical Council of India, Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shri Devendra Fadnavis and Mrs. Medhatai Vishram Kulkarni, MLA with complete details and student’s grievances. He has also sought appointment to meet in person and explain the students problem. The copy of letter sent to Prime Minister is attached with this "In the News" section at top.
Dr. Tushar Vinod Deoras’s Anti-Donation Campaign across India and motion against commercialisation in Coaching institutes without accountability have applauded by students and parents.
Background and Grievances:
Recently Ministry of Health has taken decision to make NEET exam mandatory for students planning to pursue International education. We welcome such move as it will help create better doctors. The Ministry also exempted students currently studying Medicine in International university if they have taken “Eligibility Certificate” from Medical Council of India (MCI) vide Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Public Notice No. V.11012/02/2018-MEP dated 22nd February 2018.
Medical Council of India does not provide the Eligibility certificate to students flying to USA, Germany but provides the Eligibility Certificate for students flying to China, Russia , Ukraine etc.. This is major cause of concern as USA, Germany and countries based on USA based education provides quality education and is well recognised globally.
The above Public Notice is drafted for commercial reasons to promote the education in Russia / China / Ukraine / Georgia and deter students going to prestigious institutes in USA, Germany, Philippines. Can Government promote specific countries? What is the reason for such drastic step? Why the interest of students already studying abroad not protected?
The quality of International institutes has always been a concern. The students passing MBBS from China, Russia, Ukraine and Georgia have just 12-15% passing rate in National Board of Examination’s (NBE) mandatory FMGE - Foreign Medical Graduate Screening test. The education is USA, Germany is far better being research oriented universities. Despite the official facts, the move by Government to block USA, German, Philippines education is serious concern.
Lets understand the USA, German and USA based education system: In USA, Philippines the education system consists of dual degree:
1. Bachelor of Science (B.S.) - 2 to 4 years
2. Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) ( Equivalent to MBBS in India) - 4 Years
In Germany 1.5 to 2 years is Pre-Medical followed by 5 years of Medical education.
These students are blocked for issuing Eligibility certificate is unjust. It was allowed for decades but the New order directly blocks the old students continuing in these universities unless they come back to India and clear NEET exam.
Currently thousands of students are studying Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in top institutes in USA, Germany, Barbados, Philippines, Belize, Carribean Islands etc. and have already spent 1 to 3 years in International universities.
Making NEET exam mandatory for students who have already spent 1 to 3 years in International Universities will put tremendous pressure on students as they need to come back to India and clear NEET exam which is not possible. We do appreciate the introduction of NEET mandatory for New Students going abroad, the students who are already studying in BS course in International Universities be exempted. We cannot have back-dated law that too in education sector.
Since MCI does not issue Eligibility certificate for BS course despite being admitted in BS+MD program, students need to take Eligibility certificate after completion of BS course only i.e. After spending 4 years of BS in USA or 2 years in Philippines.
In view, in the best interest of thousands of Indian students, we demand from Government:
1. NEET exam to be mandatory only for New Students going abroad
2. Once Student clears NEET exam, the same should be valid for 3 years for International admissions
3. Students currently studying in BS course in USA, Philippines, Carribean Island etc. be exempted from giving NEET as they are already out of country for 1-3 years
4. MCI should issue Conditional Eligibility certificate for students going for BS+MD program while leaving country for BS course only with a rider to get admitted for MD program.
Dr. Tushar Vinod Deoras along-with aggrieved students are filing the Writ Petition in Bombay High Court and if required in Supreme Court of India. With such biased order, court can only give justice to students.
We hope this will help thousands to students who have already spend huge amount of money and time studying abroad. Request your kind consideration in the best interest.
Aggrieved students and parents can now join the nation-wide momentum against the arbitrary order of Ministry of Health. Media persons are also requested to raise the issue concerning career of thousands of students. Dr. Tushar Vinod Deoras can provide all requisite information.
Dr. Tushar Vinod Deoras - Chairman , Astute Career Counselling Academy, Pune
Ph: 8899117767 www.AstuteAcademy.com , www.AstutePromo.com